Top 100 Forums

Caillea's Top 100 Discussion Forums
Survivor Island Smileys
[Open]
The Forum Family Image HostOur Tube-The Family of Forums Video Host
TV Fanatics...Survivor 21/22
March 18, 2024, 08:57:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reality T.V.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the last person to post here wins

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the last person to post here wins  (Read 22788 times)
fleamailman

your nice: 74

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 01, 2008, 05:28:14 am »

here then the goblin posts his wish, something that he has often said to himself "...um I wish that I could do the right thing and that the right thing would happen..." and yet the goblin also knows too that life just isn't like that, cheap in outlook, so the goblin doesn't look to the reward in his actions each time, or more simply that "his actions" are all the reward he can expect and again the goblin felt that those actions became just that much more honest when it is like this "...heaven and hell are not my motivations in my actions, I am not for sale..."

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

your nice: 10013

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2008, 07:19:02 am »

well the leg is itchy and hurts the stitches are blue really cool, the area is very red
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2008, 12:27:11 pm »

the goblin was sad to hear about Princess's wound, saying "...yes I know how you women take that Christmas Shopping spree seriously and one just has to fight others all the way, ah but the important thing is did you get those presents then..."

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 03, 2008, 07:00:14 am »

Christmas shopping have not even started, its not Christmas eve yet hehehehe

cut my leg open taking out the garbage hubby put a broken glass or a bit of wood with a nail in it the tetanus jab was the worst and after a week is still red an swollen
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 03, 2008, 12:10:32 pm »

("...what a letdown, and there was I thinking that you had fought tooth and nail for those bargains and it turns out to be this, but at least it's hubby's fault and not your own, gosh if it were me I would be faining death practicing the most tragic scenes from Shakespeare with gusto and alarm..." said the goblin)

the goblin is now vaguely watching his son try out his new game on his playstation called "Doom-magi" where the box, written in German and as far as the goblin could make out, probably reads "chose one of three heroes  Balthasar, Gaspar, and Melchior who, trying to keep up with the traversing star, battle through the throngs of head counting minions of the evil Herrod all the way to Bethlehem, collecting gold, frankincence and myrrh on their way only stopping to trade at the taverns for lifepoints, weapons and armour upgrades, and camels speedups", to which the goblin concluded that he may be reading the box wrong again

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 04, 2008, 07:20:34 am »

he felt bad enough as it was could not do that to him
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 06, 2008, 03:51:47 am »

the goblin posted against himself here, or at least that part of him that was saying that there was nothing worth posting in life, "...I win against this empty feeling then..." said the goblin in the dark for early morning, outside, the cold announced the coming of snow and the difficulties of it, inside too the room was a chill sharp silence that the goblin's own warmth wasn't enough to really change "...I will post this and then return to bed to rest then..." typed the goblin continuing "...never mind, I suppose whatever happens will have to happen then, but whatever happens to me personally, one thing I can see is that spiritually I have grown an eye at matching myself to my posts here, that ability is thankless yes, as it is useless and worthless in the eyes of "dailylife" and the moneygod, and perhaps even it's a bitter fruit in itself, but it is me and these are mine and they are so very much in spite of them..." ventured the goblin

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 09, 2008, 06:41:49 am »

well its Tuesday and the snow keeps coming and coming
Report Spam   Logged
Coffeenole
Coffeenole.com

your nice: 65535

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: December 09, 2008, 07:49:08 pm »

Almost 80 degrees here today!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 10, 2008, 01:09:06 am »

(the goblin loves pictures, hint, hint but anything is welcome)

the goblin's blog

41)The goblin was having trouble remembering the Dungford Walkway Code again which reads:

rule 283: safely passing pedestrians:

if passing, in correct order
- smile, ignore person if they don't smile back.
- then say "..hello...", ignore person if they smile walking on by.
- then say "...I think it is going to rain...", except when raining where one then says "...I think it is going to stop raining..." ignore person who wears a Tshirt marked "Islamic Republic of Dungford"
- then engage in half an hour's smalltalk without mentioning the foxban, the English civil war of 1642, and HDTV.
- then sign off by saying "...well it was very nice to met you again..." regardless that you have never met them, or that you are bored out of your banana.

In other words: poke your head around corners, dash behind cars tiptoe across the streets all in mission impossible style.

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 10, 2008, 01:48:35 am »

early evening, and the moneygod has now released his lackey goblin to his own devices, usually meaning a tromp to the bistro, a coffee and the "last post" threads where, caffeine and spellchecker permitting, where the goblin will regain some semblance of sanity simply by trying to write his "dailylife" all out of him system, yet the more the goblin wrote about "dailylife", the more that disparity became obvious to him, his "dailylife" wasn't his sum total, but against that it was as if that line "what in ones life is worth posting" just bugged him knowing that the moment the goblin replied to himself "...nothing, I won't post anymore..." that the goblin would simply be dead before his death too, another mind drowned in "dailylife"

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 10, 2008, 07:06:11 am »

well tonight sam flys home, can not wait to see her, tomorrow she gets her wisdom teeth out, funny she needed all the wisdom she could get.
I get my stitches out tomorrow. Not looking forward to that at all
Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2008, 07:06:51 am »

she walked out of the doors and her hair was all in curls she looked so pretty, I said hello love and gave her a big big hug and a kiss, I said oh you look so pretty, she said I did this just for you mum so you would see im still a girly girl. my friends all thought it was so cute i was doing my hair in curls so my mum would see im not such a down in the dirt type of girl. then i looked down at her feet, she had on wellington boots, OH THAT IS MY GIRL
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 13, 2008, 02:15:40 am »

[footnote; "Sam" mentioned in the previous post is not the lady in Stargate, or she could have been one of her at  a younger age then]

repost from elsewhere

Quote from: xxxxxx
But tell me this oh foul and evil goblin thing, what is the point? I mean at the end of the day nothing ever changes, nothing we do really matters. So, why bother? Why do we exist? Wouldn't the world be better off without us?

the goblin hailed the queen of the zombies for her presence "... yes, a cheap person might be dissuaded by an argument of life's futility, that, or by some grand promise of heaven or some dire threat of hell..." said that goblin who made a point of caring far less for what lies ahead of him than for caring for that which lied within him, so the goblin continued "...so don't you want to know who you are by what you post then in spite of it all..."

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 13, 2008, 02:16:44 am »

continued repost from elsewhere, same thread

Quote from: xxxxx
Quote from: fleamaillman
[...so don't you want to know who you are by what you post then in spite of it all...

So who is going to tell me who I am, and does who I am really matter? Can I use the knowledge of who I am to effect any change in the world, to do good or to help people? I see no point in any of this, all we manage is to destroy and hurt!

"...no one can tell me who I am but a reflection of who I am is shown in what I do my "dailylife" and shown in the words I choose to write here upon it..." said the goblin knowing that an awareness is grown from facing the slot like this, he continued "...the conditioning of "dailylife" and the moneygod are exactly those which make one blind to oneself and insensitive to others, so that constant question of "what in my life is worth posting" is just a counter conditioning tool, not a religion...", and with that the goblin linked the lupusMCTD site's "last post" thread wondering what someone could give someone in their situation beyond listening and knocking them off last place on the "last post" thread

http://www.lupusmctd.com/index.php?topic=3363.new;topicseen#new

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2008, 07:04:53 am »

Sam mentioned above is the one in the purple behind Char and Bill on char's wedding day
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 20, 2008, 03:48:46 am »

the goblin's blog

43) drizzling, the village looked in its primeval norm, the goblin had agreed to explain the computer to a novice since he somehow couldn't forgive the great ork boss of the computer shop for poisoning the minds of the yolkles: computers could give without costing. "...well..." said the goblin "...it is all rather simple, you just have to imagine as in Stargate that you are a symbayot and your computer is your human host then.." the middle aged lady was following "...your role is to give the comp good health and longevity in return for controlling it..." but the woman already knew all this as she had been married for years.

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 22, 2008, 01:00:10 am »

the goblin held up and looked a the tin of baked beans which reads "by appointment of her majesty the queen" and then wondered if, when, and how she ate them

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 22, 2008, 07:17:52 am »

on toast for tea like all other good brits
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 22, 2008, 07:26:57 am »

("...no she eats beans buy appointment only..." ventured the goblin)

repost from somewhere else

Quote from: xxxxx
I think maybe you'll win this competition Flea - you never run out of things to say 

"...too true..." replied the goblin, adding "...but it's a battle against ones own indifference here, first one sets a quota like "one post a day", then one asks oneself "what in my life is worth posting", replies perhaps adding a matching picture if one likes to underline it, and then posts the result across many "last post" threads so as not to lose it, and then eventually one just dies like everyone else...", at which point most people ask "why bother" but the goblin knew that that was the difference between a "shared" and an "unshared" life and that most people hadn't a clue what that meant as they were probably too caught up in their "dailylife" and that bidding of the moneygod again to see for themselves, "...their Muse sleeps I guess, that's their choice then, not ours..." felt the goblin

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 23, 2008, 08:20:46 am »

OHHH but then i never stop talking so you may not win after all,
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 23, 2008, 08:37:02 am »

("...to reply is to call me..." said the goblin, adding "...it shows your spirit to continue too...")

the goblin knew that he could force himself to stop posting on these "last post" threads but by now he couldn't stop thinking in terms of things "worth posting" and the goblin also understood that whatever he found "worth posting" usually became just that more precise to him in committing it to text on "last post" threads, ah but often it was the opposite for him too, in that at times the goblin arrived here with nothing at all "worth posting" only to surprise himself by what he had thought up on the spot in reply to someone, "...posting is like dancing, at times one slips into a trance..." explained the goblin continuing "...while other times, one is 100% here, stupid to think which is better when one can have the best of both worlds..."

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 23, 2008, 02:21:52 pm »

repost from elsewhere

You are very weird.

"...the question here then is would one like to be as their "normal" then..." asked the goblin somehow knowing that that wasn't what he wanted for himself nor for xxxxx either, "...imagination tells you that there's more to life than "dailylife", at every turning along the road one has abnormal thoughts which ones reason keeps in check and under control..." the goblin paused trying to find the right words to explain that balance between ones "imagination" on the one side, and ones "reason" on the other, the goblin continued "...what if "imagination" were like the waves and "reason" was like gravity, where those waves wash up all types of things onto the shore on ones mind and gravity anchors them on the beach there, or they roll back into the sea to be washed up again in a different way with the next wave of imagination either to be anchored or wash back again, so this then for me is my mind..." at which point the goblin asked again "...do you still want to be normal, or do you want more..."

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 24, 2008, 07:25:02 am »

your not weird because weird is a conseptual thing and weird to one person is normal to another and normal to one person is weird to the other

Happy
Christmas
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 24, 2008, 07:42:32 am »

("...I don't mind be weird as long as I am exceptional too..." said the goblin)

the goblin couldn't know your ways as he lived in the old world and on the continent where Christmas was done differently, "...here in Geneva it's mostly chocolate bars and chocolates, and it's not that I don't like them I just don't eat them like I used to so I would love to have those Halloween children appear at the door tonight, even a couple of goths would do I suppose then, as I would say to them " ho ho ho, here you go then and a Merry Hollowmas one and all, ho ho ho, and a Happy New Winter solstice too" while piling chocolates into their outstretched hands..." mused the goblin

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 24, 2008, 08:40:12 am »

repost from elsewhere

So.....I take it you like stories?

"...oh yes, but perhaps more than mere stories I like reflections, and, if it's true that "every picture tells a story", then "every story in its turn holds some reflection" wouldn't it..." mused the goblin who even so, often saw pictures that seemed to have no story to them, and happenings that seemed to have no reflection worth noting, "...in fact, the question for me is "if something gives off no reflection how one can really claim to have seen it", so these reflections I write in all these "last post" threads are my way of saying "see, I have not let this life, or the events in it, pass by me entirely unseen" so to speak..."  ventured the goblin remembering that "to see" and "to reflect" often built up on one another growing the see'er in turn to see and reflect more, "...in youth one flowers, in middle age one turns into a fruit, grows and falls, but in old age that rotting carcass hides a hards stone with the source of life within it..." explained the goblin again ever aiming at it

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 24, 2008, 04:24:35 pm »

and then the goblin had a brillient idea as he exclaimed "...instead of just thinking about giving these chocolates to imaginary kids tonight, why don't actually give them these chocolates at Halloween..."

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 26, 2008, 03:41:07 pm »

(the goblin had expanded his idea about what to do with the left over Christmas chocolates, and posted it below)

Repost from elsewhere
the  "what are you going to be doing for thanksgiving?" thread

the goblin, in an ever ecological attitude to the environment, will be giving out those remaining Halloween sweets for Thanksgiving, whereupon the remaining Turkey of Thanksgiving is served up at Christmas where the remaining Christmas Chocolates are given out at Easter whereupon those remaining Easter eggs are given out at Halloween where, as pointed out before, those remaining sweets bring us happily back to Thanksgiving again, "...well yes anything to really add flavor to people's lives I suppose..." mentioned the goblin

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 31, 2008, 03:13:08 pm »

"...why have just one moment of fame when you can have as many as you post here, the truth is that nobody wins this outright while the thread is still open that is, it is just a way of winning in ones turn, a bit like "life" then, where the present generation are living in their turn I suppose..." ventured the goblin who just wanted to be the last poster in 2008, "...ah but a lot depends on ones own timezone, I suppose..." ventured the goblin trying to win his

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 06, 2009, 05:53:59 am »

the goblin had noted that most people's life of complacency was now fast turning into a raging storm, "...the trouble is that if the banks don't go to the wall, then the fat cats win, whereas if the banks do go to wall then we lose too, the real question is which banks should go to the wall then I suppose and which should be bailed out..." said the goblin, adding "...but bailing out the banks with taxpayers money just continues the murky status quo here, since no one knows which banks are clean and which aren't...", at which was the point the goblin remembered that lowering the bank lending rate meant nothing too, if no one will lead money that is, "...America is bracing for the storm and could even default now, but no one knew what that storm really was in itself, and what it really meant for America's citizens and the rest of us..." so the goblin felt that a mentality of fear and hardship, real or otherwise, was arriving here, and that its momentum didn't need much reality to sustain it, just needed more fear to feed this now fast approaching storm

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: January 06, 2009, 06:58:45 am »

HAPPY NEW YEAR

lets hope this one is better than the last
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 07, 2009, 07:11:19 am »

("...thanks princess, hope this doesn't offend anyone here, it's not personal, it is my opinion..." said the goblin just posting how he felt)

repost from the "what are you thinking" thread on another site

the goblin was thinking how little television he watched now that the computer seemed to offer everything in its place, only that in its freedom of choice, the computer unlike the television, didn't force one to watch the news so the goblin felt that he was often behind on the news coverage, "...but on the other hand the news seems so one sided at this point that I am almost glad I am missing it, to explain why then let everyone imagine that, for example only, the British were striking possible IRA sites in Ireland from the air and then massing troupes on the boarder for a ground offensive, and then the British were then to announce that there is no humanitarian crisis on behalf of the suffering Irish, that in this case the news coverage might possibly be portrayed slightly different perhaps by the American media in its middle east coverage..." ventured the goblin

« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 03:34:17 pm by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 07, 2009, 03:30:29 pm »

the goblin has confused the hell out of the princess, did she miss something when she was on the BBC news today
Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 07, 2009, 03:31:53 pm »

but the princess did see this little bit of trivia

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7814913.stm
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 07, 2009, 03:40:08 pm »

("...sorry, thanks for showing me my error, rewritten that post clearer now..." said the goblin as he post his next now)

the goblin was trying to think of far away places but, now and again, the present cold bit through into his thoughts as that ever bitter wind somehow peculated from outside into the silent sitting room today, outside, where the sun should have been, a dull lit sky told the goblin yet again that without gloves and a scarf his hands and face would simply burn stiff with cold, and that it was through this harsh gantlet of cold then that the wretched goblin now had to go for those groceries once more, "...pass, give this fate to someone else, some super hero, I am not worthy, no, please no..." sighed the goblin in vain recalling those images of the Titanic colliding with that grocery cart and then slowly sinking into the sea of supermarket indifference as he opened the front door taking those first steps once more to the words "...for whom the gods wish to destroy they first send them shopping through this then..."

« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 03:53:46 pm by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 08, 2009, 07:04:48 am »

the princess in her little tower wondered if the goblin liked the little frog, from india
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 08, 2009, 07:28:53 am »

the goblin liked the frogs saying "...not many frogs in Switzerland bar the normal ones but, what with the reintroduction of the wolves here, the number of foxes should now decrease giving other small animals  more chance to survive...", in fact, the wolf helped the forest but the bear was too dangerous for their reintroduction since people were everywhere within this seeming mountain wilderness
Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 09, 2009, 07:18:40 am »

the princess wondered in her tower if she kissed a frog would he turn into a prince
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 09, 2009, 11:08:12 am »

the princess wondered in her tower if she kissed a frog would he turn into a prince

"...well that yes, but then again it might be you that turns into a frog I suppose if you did kiss one..." ventured the goblin of trying to help
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 09, 2009, 11:48:12 am »

the goblin casts his heart after his thoughts elsewhere and still that cold slowly creeps into his soul, somehow the image of the Snow Queen laughing wildly down the frozen high streets taking ever more handfuls of diamond dust from her open sack to the words "...you wanted beauty mortals but as always it comes at a price doesn't it..." and admittedly Geneva looked beautiful for it but her price was unforgiving

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 12, 2009, 07:21:37 am »

the princess looking down from her tower at the snowy landscape seeing the frozen lake glistening, as if it were a mirror. The refection of her tower stark and cold. The fish under the frozen crust swimming oblivious to the outer world, insulated from the blast of the north wind.  She pondered the lives of those fish, did they even know of her plight in the tower, no they did not know what they did 1 min ago.
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 12, 2009, 08:09:14 am »

(the princess was talking about "dailylife" the goblin felt, "...as it too easy to swim in the water like those fish then, the question is not so much what one was thinking five minutes before but collecting ones best thoughts..." said the goblin knowing that that is what he did with his replies, those which he then edited, polished, and illustrated here, saying "...is one getting the most from posting otherwise...")

the goblin agreed to be himself but just didn't believe that the person in the mirror was really himself either here saying "...two sides of the same coin I suppose, yes, but still neither can really claim to be more me, and yet one I know well as my "dailylife" me or self while the other is here now as this persona produced through what one writes mostly and to a lesser extent by ones unsername, avatar, and forum affiliation..." mused the goblin as he continued "...it isn't that one lives a lie here I feel buy more simply that, since one is already hiding one identity,  one chooses the identity and level of truth that one feels most at ease with, but let's admit that we do that in real life too, only that there is less leeway to do so, but we still try to hide our heart from our sleeves then ..."

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 02:29:46 am by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2009, 06:57:21 am »

the princess in her tower thought about what the goblin said about the heart on the sleeve. she admits to herself that she indeed does ware her heart on her sleeve in her real life. In the princesses tower the tower represents her distance from life. the fish the minions under her, the frozen land the coldness of those around her.
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2009, 03:58:02 pm »

repost from "what are you thinking" thread elsewhere

the goblin was thinking that he didn't want to go to bed but there was always this sandman who turns up about this time  of night with a zapgun set to stun whose sole purpose in life, it seems, is to zap humans and goblins alike before they turn into "all night posting zombies", "...I goblin, being of sound body and mind leave this thread to lesser mortal for the night, signed A Fleamailman..." says the goblin as the sandman points the way

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2009, 08:02:22 am »

the princess in her tower looked down at the frozen land, the chill in the air hung her breath came in short sharp burst, she looked at the fire roaring in the grate. at least she was warm for now, the fire never going out as if it were stoked by magical pokers.

The princess was happy to be in a warm safe place
Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2009, 06:59:09 am »

the princess is winning
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2009, 07:14:11 am »

("...you did indeed princess..." apologized the goblin seeing his lapse here)

the goblin doesn't have bad days "...to be able to post means that it is a good day..." said the goblin confessing that some good days were more soul-testing than others because there was little love lost between the goblin himself, "dailylife" and the moneygod, in that what the goblin wanted was an impossible freedom, while what "dailylife" wanted was all so very reasonable but all so superficial too, while what that moneygod wanted was ones continued commitment to some cheap slavery, the goblin was just trying to square this triangle then

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2009, 07:15:12 am »

the goblin's blog

“...hello there...” says the goblin addressing the matron in Dungford's very own, and one and only, heathfood shop again “...I would like a meaty coffee where ones mind goes ping after a few sips, you know, a coffee with a body like a tigress whose bite is more like Dracula's...”, “...sorry, is that “regular” or “decaf” dear cause I'm in a hurry...” replies the matron whose ominously large cups came into view behind her, “...no I mean a little cup, boilingly hot mountain fresh water and those thickly brewed sensual coffee grains strained to the point of perfection...” uttered the goblin in panic now, “...well I'll see what we can do dear but...,...”, moments later “...here you go love...” as one large but near empty cup is steadfastly landed on the table whose contents just seems to laugh at him daring him to drink it, while the slot seems to say “...look, I hope you don't mind me saying this goblin but I do feel that our vessel of escapism has somewhat crashed on these rocks of reality this morning...”, some time later the matron bellows across to the goblin the usual “...well love, what ya think how was it, fancy another one then...”, “...well you English make absolutely exceptional coffee but I'll give it a miss this time, thanks all the same though...” replies the goblin aloud as he writes in the slot to keep it from busting its guts out loud in the laptop, “...well slot, they say “lie back and think of England”don't they, so I just lied back and still thinking of England as some huge unwinnable battle here...”

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2009, 07:16:36 am »

the goblin was thinking that, when the emotions are stirred, one often is distracted, that is, by something brutal happening in front of ones eyes, from something more sinister actually happening in the background,"...yes, what is happening in the middle East is unacceptable, yes, but one shouldn't be sidetracked here form keeping those eyes on the downturn of the world economy which, I hope most people here will agree, is more likely to effect one directly..." mentioned the goblin not wishing to offend, only wishing to point out how the media can work like acupuncture for anesthesia,that is, a pain stifling out another pain

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2009, 06:53:08 am »

the princess in her tower was not immune from the world economy, in her real life people around her are on short weeks, it made the princess sad, little tears fall from her eyes, and land on the window ledge freezing as they hit the wood.
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 21, 2009, 07:18:36 am »

(the goblin sympathized but couldn't change the situation, saying "...ours is to witness what happens next...")

the goblin was thinking about those faulting banks, seeing only three basic paths here where non of them seemed ideal, "...first the government could keep on injecting tax payer's money into the banks as America has done, meaning that the banks have then no real incentive to correct their ways since the system would simply interpret it that the government didn't want to get involved and would continue throwing good money after bad..." explained the goblin turning to the other two paths, continuing "...the government could nationalize those banks, as the British have done which still would mean using tax payer's money, yet as a result the currency has weakened under the burden since the debt is simply been transfered from the bank to the state itself, and the "doubt" too, has spread across from the banks to the whole economy with it..."  continued the goblin, readying the last path, on thinking on "...the Swiss, in fact, do not have the money to bail out the Swiss banks, the banks would have to go to the wall and all those, who had put their savings in those banks, would lose all...", no the goblin didn't wish to chose here arguing that any one path was better than others here, only that he wanted to see clearly for himself that "crossroads facing the governments" at this point knowing something had to be done though

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 22, 2009, 07:00:02 am »

The princess in her tower, looked out at the world, doom and gloom seemed to shroud it, her eyes fell on the royal mail post office in the UK why oh why when at last this national institution was beginning to make a profit, would they sell it off to the Dutch.
Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 23, 2009, 06:55:43 am »

the princess in her tower thinks the goblin is slipping and will never win at this rate. the prince had to stay home from work as the plant he works in has to shut down every friday as they have no work
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 23, 2009, 05:12:28 pm »

("...me too lots of days off at this point, surviving but uncomfortable then..." mentioned the goblin, "...just sharing here, interesting topic I feel..." said the goblin)

repost form "last post" thread on a writers site,

Quote from: xxxxxx
Quote from: fleamailman
if nothing humans ever do is important in itself on the grand scale of the stars across the universe, one is actually free in ones own insignificance
Yes, that is the problem I am facing.  I would like to get another book published and again head to conventions, but as long as I stay an internet writer I really have no restrictions on what I can write.  If I actually manage to gain some significant fame, I might be forced into the blandness of modern fantasy (I actually heard someone say that they felt modern sci-fi/fantasy was so standardized that it was written by computer programs with the actual writer only adding some mood and character flavor).

I believe at present life itself will keep me at home.  My children are at the age where they are trying to make their own decisions, and actually seek my advice.  I am however again getting tired with teaching, so looking for something else - and I really do enjoy writing.

"...ah but that is where we differ then mortal, I have no wish to be their type of writer, a "writer's writer" or that "best seller" type writer, for I am, and will always remain, ever anonymous here with only the goal of creating my Internet self and that other goal of knowing myself form what I have posted..." ventured the goblin trying to keep his mind off the falling rain outside and that ever dull depressive continuation of his "dailylife", "...besides..." he continued "...books are all dead, or at least their authors have set them in some sort of published cement, but not here, not now, here the author is me talking back to you before you reply, here you and I are "author/reader" then, this is live writing where the only win is to take the last post because it is the one that isn't dead yet, only those who don't post lose here..." and then the slot wondered if the goblin could hurry up because the captain could return any minute to find out that her tyranny of household chores had not been followed by her perpetrator of them, the goblin's fingers hurried across the keyboard again, somehow his morning slumbers were now in deep peril he felt

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 26, 2009, 07:04:55 am »

the princess in her tower looked at the picture the goblin posted as it reminded her of her childhood and hiding behind a pillow and peeking around it to watch Dr. Who.
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 26, 2009, 12:39:01 pm »

(the goblin too hid behind the sofa, "...funnily enough the daleks never shot at the camera shooting them..." mentioned the goblin)

the goblin was thinking in dibs and drabs today but the music was "fine young cannibals" which made up for it as it flooded pictures of younger times when he wrote letters, actually with a pen and paper in the bistro "...yes, I was mad even then, but they got it wrong, it is not "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword" it's "he who lives by the sword wants to die by that sword too..." ventured the goblin who couldn't envisage life without his sword then, nor just living on aimlessly, "... for what is life without ones passion in it..." asked the goblin

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 27, 2009, 07:04:04 am »

the princess too wrote with pen and paper and realized she had not written another chapter to her novelette for 6 weeks.
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 27, 2009, 12:39:50 pm »

(the goblin tries to write something every day, "...but writing something is not matching something, so it's hardly clear cut in that I don't feel it's finished until it's matched, so some days I might actually write nothing and finish something, one up to me, whereas I might write something without finding its matching picture, one up to me again I feel...", not that it mattered what the goblin did, nor if he did not it, nor even what people would think, what mattered with his not giving up, that's all)

repost from "what are you doing" thread, elsewhere

the goblin had been talking to dead relatives in those long sold houses of his youth and childhood, "...OK, now, in this still morning dark one can dismiss it as just last night's dream, whatever, but it lingers clearly in my mind at this point, who they were, the casual conversation, and a nagging suspicion that this communication might have been what I had been seeking, like something suppressed while awake only to pop while asleep..." mused the goblin who left the verdict open here but still felt moved by it

« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 10:12:51 am by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2009, 03:27:21 am »

the goblin often paints a picture of what he sees, feeling that some intricate depiction was often a writer's equivalent of a “still life”, “... ah, and what lends better to my pen here then, than just watching others in a bistro like now I wonder...” said the goblin seated opposite someone again, “...simple, in my work I have to meet people, which spoils it in the interaction that that involves of course , but in the bistro they're mine to depict as I surmise them to be or as I suppose them to be that is...” but the goblin took pains not to let on as he was just sketching, nor cared he who they were either, only that something in their appearance merited his pen again

Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 28, 2009, 06:47:22 am »

the princess in her tower looked out at the snow upon snow upon snow, she could see so many cars in ditches trucks skidding all over the roads. the princess was happy she got to her tower safely and only skidded once
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Double-clicking any word will give you the Webster's Online Dictionary definition.

Top 100 Forums

Caillea's Top 100 Discussion Forums

The Survivor Island Railroad (Affliliates)
Go UP

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum