Top 100 Forums

Caillea's Top 100 Discussion Forums
Survivor Island Smileys
[Open]
The Forum Family Image HostOur Tube-The Family of Forums Video Host
TV Fanatics...Survivor 21/22
March 18, 2024, 10:37:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to PRINCESS BUTTERCUP'S T.V. FANATICS...

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the last person to post here wins

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the last person to post here wins  (Read 22790 times)
fleamailman

your nice: 74

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2008, 09:35:07 am »

"...see I have already won..." said the goblin
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Coffeenole
Coffeenole.com

your nice: 65535

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 08:13:32 pm »

WELCOME FLEA!!!

(oops, sorry about that...it's coffee time in the winners circle!)
Report Spam   Logged

fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 02:17:27 am »

"...ah, another pretender, there have been many but no one is as mad as the flea..." retorted the goblin, and then suddenly he remembered his nemesis the PCC "...oh, except them but they will have to catch me first, the Internet is wide..."
Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

your nice: 10013

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 06:11:06 am »

no I won
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 06:32:20 am »

buttercup had won the chance to try again, life was generous in that way
Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 06:47:33 am »

Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 06:54:27 am »

"...I will even allow you to win, and to show you humans just how generous we goblins can be, I will even let you post first..." said the goblin "...oh you have I see..."
Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 06:55:47 am »

your too kind Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 07:04:14 am »

and with that the goblin's good deed of the days had been done, he had seen buttercup before from this thread on the cofffeenole site, suspected that she had mommy leanings but it didn't matter the question was what the goblin would post here for her coupled with the other question of what he would like to post here for himself
Report Spam   Logged
Coffeenole
Coffeenole.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 09:37:58 am »

On that note, the Crown Prince of the House of Maxwell is left to ponder one real question in the existence of the goblin...where did the Flea obtain the moniker "Sir Augustus"?
Report Spam   Logged

fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 11:01:34 am »

"...thanks..." said the goblin slowly sounding out the thread, he liked admin's question and took cue form it

repost
coffeenole site, last post thread, page 7
he goblin wanted to lose but then realized that it would only cause division amongst the members here as to who in fact had won in his place, so merely wishing to keep the other members as equal to himself as possible he decided to generously rename himself Augustus (meaning "first amongst equals") and somehow hoped that the other members would share in his happiness then,

yours sinfully,
Augustus Fleamailman

though to be honest the goblin never did find out what brand X was, his world was the old one across the waves
and waters
Report Spam   Logged
Coffeenole
Coffeenole.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 11:58:40 am »

"...thanks..." said the goblin slowly sounding out the thread, he liked admin's question and took cue form it

repost
coffeenole site, last post thread, page 7
he goblin wanted to lose but then realized that it would only cause division amongst the members here as to who in fact had won in his place, so merely wishing to keep the other members as equal to himself as possible he decided to generously rename himself Augustus (meaning "first amongst equals") and somehow hoped that the other members would share in his happiness then,

yours sinfully,
Augustus Fleamailman

though to be honest the goblin never did find out what brand X was, his world was the old one across the waves
and waters

OK, good explanation...I don't know of a finer gentleman with whom I could share my real first name!
Report Spam   Logged

fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 12:10:50 pm »

"...thanks "first amongst equals"..." said the goblin who was always flea to everyone, and who, in those rare moments where he pretended to be a human in real life, sometimes forgot to use his human name, "....ah, but what is brand X..." repeated the goblin remembering that it had lingered over three pages on that thread
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 12:24:03 pm »

and suddenly the sandman was shooting at the goblin with his zapgun, "...zap, zap, zap...", "... aha, missed, this is my thread..." the goblin was running "...no, no I'm staying here on my last post thread, you''re not fast enough sandman, admit it, sleep will never catch mezzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 03:45:04 pm »

"...ah, signs of life..." said the goblin feeling that if that there was one thing the humans did well, it was "greed" but little did they know that they were dealing with a black-belt "last post" poster, "...post at your peril humans..." he softly warned them without him even reaching across to his coffee, he was fast
Report Spam   Logged
Coffeenole
Coffeenole.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 05:08:34 pm »

"Brand X", for some of us, was Gasbuddy.com; "Brand X", for others, was the Comcast Coffee Shop.
Report Spam   Logged

fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 06:38:01 pm »

the goblin thanked admin for the details, and promised to return to the game tomorrow, adding that he would probably be posting a lot more here since he always had to store stuff somewhere on the Internet before it was lost for good this is, "...simply I never really know when my posts are going to be trimmed away so keeping one step ahead of the forums is all part of the game to me..." explained the goblin
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 09:04:03 am »

the goblin filled out the notice: "Missing, American housewife last seen pushing grocery cart down goblin's last post thread, if found please return to her to the supermarket where another one can be duly attached, warning, do not feed and do not approach as she can be dangerous in that she might fall on you, thank you", "...there slot the things I do for this site, honestly I should get a "bottom poster" award for this...", "...goblin, if we do come across this American housewife ourselves...", "...don't worry slot, I have it all planned, we can borrow a dumpcart, turn it on its side and roll her in, ah wait a sec, how are we going to get the dumpcart upright again, you know slot this could more difficult than I thought..." said the goblin open to suggestions
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 05:57:36 pm »

repost from elsewhere

slot in the next room starts playing the piano, "...you must remember this, a kiss is but a kiss, a sigh is..." the goblin rushes in "slot, I thought I told you never to...", "...hello goblin..." she interrupts him, amazed, moved, he looks at her until he could say "...hay kid, of all the "last posts" in all the world and would have to chose mine...", grandbo flicks her hair back, smiles and says softly "...goblin.." she paused and then restarted "... goblin I need your help I want my grocery cart back..."

Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 05:58:35 pm »

another repost from elsewhere

so this was it, the goblin was to face off sheriff grandbo on the laundry room site, the air was tense inside that saloon where the goblin now swigged his coffee the muse begged him not to go saying "...don't go out there goblin please, for my sake and our slot then..." he brushed her aside saying "...a goblin's gotta do what a goblin's gotta do...", he started wading for the saloon day, the Western guitar music cut in, high noon was striking as he paced towards her, somehow the goblin knew that one of them would live while the other would be American housewife pushing her grocery cart though the sky
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 06:01:30 pm »

from the coffeenole's male/female "last post" thread

and suddenly the crow laughed "...aha..." for seeing below him pink and and blue spelldust coming out the "last post" chimney to the repeated commands of bibidy bibidy boop "...blue...", then "...no pink...", and then, "..blue I tell you...", and with that sleeping goblin's fate was sealed, grandbo would prick sleeping goblin to sleep

[no, no, no, grambo is "isaiahs grandma", visiting admin from "our hangout", and not Dewmik]

« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 05:52:54 am by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 06:35:15 am »

but i win
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 07:07:58 am »

yes princess had won, "...everyones who posts is a winner for a while..." thought the goblin, "...it's just that life continues so one has keep on winning not so much against the others here..." though the goblin admitted that that was fun at times too "...no, the real win is against the part of oneself that just wants to live life from day to day without looking, without forming an opinion, without whatever..." the goblin blurted out at himself since somehow he now believed that growing older had something to do with gaining depth at the expense of letting life's distrations go, yet the other question narked him too "...should I be living life for my old age then..." he wondered
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 09:27:09 am »

repost from a certain sister site with unfortunate Scottish leanings

"...another day, another madness..." thinks the goblin as he says "...lesser mortals, I thank you for calling this thread "the last word" in order to protect me but if by any remote chance you come across some vague stomping mommies in search of some goblin guy, just carry on like nothing has happened, these things happen all the time..."

footnote: for those Scots out there, here is your translation

""ANOTHAR DAY ANOTH3R MADNES" THINKS DA GOBLIN AS HE SAYS "LESAR MORTALS I THANK U FOR CALNG THES THREAD THE "LAST WORD" IN ORDER 2 PROTECT MA BUT IF BY ANY REMOT3 CHANCE U COME ACROS SOME VAGUE S2MPNG MOMEIS IN SEARCH OF SOM3 GOBLIN GUY JUST CARY ON LIEK NOTHNG HAS HAP3NED THES3 THNGS HAPEN AL DA TIEM""
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 12:22:57 pm »

repost from same sister forum

the goblin, ever in his wish to support all previous posters upwards, has been thinking of how to help the presbyterian church of Scotland could possibly gain a wider appeal saying "...um, well we don't need to update the words much, just the music like so, but anyway it has to  be catchy and something we could all sing together, right here goes...", he clears his throat, finds his key and sings "...brimstones, meet the brimstones, no have a do day, no have a do day, no way a gay old day...", he stops "...well slot, what do you think...", "...I don't really know goblin, how fast can you run...", "...well slot, we're already running from the mommies, think of it as adding zero's to our very own "wanted" poster...", "...true goblin but what if they place the zero in front of the one again...", for a moment they looked at each other before running off again, leaving the reader lost for words since they had taken them all

(footnote:for those in need of further translation please copy/paste text about in the box provided in the link below, thank you)
http://ssshotaru.homestead.com/files/aolertranslator.html
Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2008, 12:27:18 pm »

LOL

very good goblin
Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 12:28:01 pm »

i niced you up a bit
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 01:06:27 pm »

uıɐƃɐ doʇ uo sɐʍ ǝɥ ʇɐɥʇ ʇlǝɟ uılqoƃ ǝɥʇ ʍoɥǝɯos "˙˙˙ɥdɯnıɹʇ oʇ sı suıʍ ǝsoɥʇ dn plınq oʇ ʇnq˙˙˙" uılqoƃ ǝɥʇ pıɐs "˙˙˙uıʍ oʇ sı "ǝʌıl oʇ" sɐ uıʍ oʇ sı "ʇsod oʇ"˙˙˙"
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 05:15:40 pm »

sometimes the goblin had to be supportive too

upusmctd.com
I am last, what do I win

"...you win the chance to post again..." said the goblin knowing that the alternative is just living without posting, not as good as being able to post, "...you win a trip of self..." replied the slot, "...you win whatever you can think of in thought form, anything you imagination can muster..." ventured the muse looking at the goblin  who continued "... perhaps you win a place in the history of this site and at least on this thread..." but the goblin knew what it was that one really wins, he simply said "...friends..."
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 06:03:54 pm »

an observation

it wasn't that the goblin was sometimes thoughtless, it was that he was normally thoughtless and sometimes he saw just how thoughtless he was that shocked him
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 06:07:03 pm »

on the boy who had got into laundrylady's site lying about his age, who got turned out

poor stevie boy had learned his fate
for five long years he'd have to wait
but if somehow he could wait till then
he'd learn that the goblin too, was only ten

"...well, um and perhaps a bit more to look at..." thought the goblin
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2008, 02:27:27 am »

the goblin thanked princess and the soapwatches for their humble attempt to covert the inevitable course of things and sympathized deeply but alas time had given the last post once more back to its rightful goblin who loved this thread because no matter how his own fortune changed here at least he like anyone else could win just by posting but he reminded himself that this, like any other post, might well be "his last" so he always wanted to post something he would like to read later even if in fact he wouldn't be able to being no longer in this world, "...anyway we goblins are silly about leaving deep footprints in the snowy path of life..." he thought, "...more snow will fall and all would be forgotten but here we thread on then just enjoying that crunchy sound snow makes when it is well crushed under each of our steps..."
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2008, 05:20:55 am »

meanwhile, back at CIA headquarters agent Joe is carefully monitoring  Al Qaida's secret website at his desk, he thinks "...where's mac with my coffee then..." as he starts reading through the new posts for subliminal messages, reads: "infidel, may a thousand scorpians sit on your bum, your goblin days are numbered, this my "last post" thead, it is written" then ", agent Joe looks up agent McCoy who has come with his coffee, says "...you take over mac, I'm beat and need a break..." turning to the second screen with the CIA site, he sips his coffee, feels better, clicks "new posts" and writes: "listen goblin, there is no way this thread is yours buddy", somehow the goblin is always supportive, has just likes sending people up he felt
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 01:11:00 pm »

the goblin today has been trying to get into "barbies world" unnoticed, and admittedly in his defense the last post thread there rooted, and that now all that remains is the reply to the "welcome fleamailman"thread a site always starts for their new members, something the goblin always loves for the ways it can be played, this time being:

repost from "welcome fleamailman" on barbies site

"...thank you dear humans, but I feel that in the introduction to fleamailman we are missing a certain "je ne sais pas" here, and perhaps such terms like "wonderful" "amazing" "awsome" "stupendous" and "spectacular" might be loosely sprinkled together with others like "magnificent" "fabulous" "incredible" "brilliant" etc to make a more welcoming welcome here..." he paused adding a proviso saying "...however if you feel that there are too many superlatives here, one could omit one or two and still find that the text is little undiminished in the truth it so clearly professes..." uttered the goblin in all humility as usual
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 01:25:53 pm by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2008, 03:11:41 pm »

and then the goblin felt that everyones effort should be rewarded saying "...by this post all previous posters are promoted, yes that is that they are all one post higher on the thread..."
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2008, 04:31:02 pm »

the goblin thanks the posters for the comments and piling up his winnings further, even if here in geneva the change to Summer daylight saving time saving had perfected a near zombie like state in its victimzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2008, 05:41:35 am »

repost from the lupus & MCTD where understandbly the goblin is on his best behavior because he is coressponding with the patients, nurses and others there, whereas here on this site now he is only dealing real patients

http://www.lupusmctd.com/index.php?topic=3...w;topicseen#new

the goblin promised "...if all my "last post" threads were deleted then the goblin's past posts would be lost because that would have been their worth and their fate justified...", so part of the game is reposting and editing elsewhere,  part of the game is supporting the admin in his or her wish to having posts, hits and new members too, part of the game landing on new sites and starting new "last post" threads, but the biggest part of the game is just seeing what in my life is "worth posting"...", the goblin's coffee was getting cold but he never forgot his post that proclaimed "...my Internet self is going to be great, amazing, etc, simply this is the goblin's picture of Dorian Gray then..." and what surprises the writer of this text is that the goblin is no different from anyone else here
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2008, 12:34:22 pm »

"...happy April fools day..." said the goblin knowing that that was probably the right word for sleep-deprivation resulting from trying to take over the internet by stealth, in fact, his email inbox resembled a jungle of "last post" replies, his sanity by the way was now that faint dot on the horizon long behind him, it was as if Captain Kirk's words sprang to the goblin's mind repeating them as "...dart dadar di di di di dee....Internet, the final frontier, to boldly start "last post" threads where no goblin has gone before, to meet an endless stream of engaging dotty humans....da dar dar dardar etc..." then adding "...okay Slotty you can beam everyone else up now, I am staying..." as the goblin then pressed his "post" button
Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2008, 07:56:43 am »

i win i win
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2008, 08:03:34 am »

"...ah but the goblin want princess to win, everyone who posts here wins..." repeated the goblin
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2008, 08:05:03 am »

meanwhile, back in Gotham city, Batman and Robin burst onto the scene "...drat..." Batman's fist hits his cupped hand "Robin I don't get it, this goblin guy is always one step ahead of us, worse I'm sure he's a penguin too, he got to have a weakness if only we could find it Robin we'd have him, Robin what we need is a plan..." "...Batman, what say you that me and my merry men joineth this brigand in Gothem forest yonder and there offer council that he may yet steal but from the rich to offer unto the poor..." "...alright Robin what's that in English and start the sentence with "holy cow Batman"...", "...prithy who sayeth "holy cow Batman" in this here age thus, t'is but a fabrication of the mind's eye m'thinks, come let us settle on "haynonnyno Batman" t'is wisdom is it not...", the waitress interrupts the goblin's string of thought "...excuse me could you pay your coffee it's 3 francs please, oh let me guess, you're a writer..." "...well sort of I'm a dyslexic with multipersonality disorder and a posting addiction..." "...great I've never met one of those, could I have a signature in case you become famous and die, thanks..." "...here you go, by the way do you know sometimes I wonder if the gods might actually envy us our mortality..." "...oh that's too deep for me, sorry but thanks anyway..."
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2008, 02:34:57 pm »

the goblin didn't want a win, he wanted a triumph but not a triumph against anyone here, "...far from it..." he said "...I want a triumph that anything wonderful me within reaches the slot here..." said the goblin not really knowing if, when or where that would be, just that it wouldn't if he stopped reaching for it
Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2008, 07:11:32 am »

hehehe
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2008, 07:57:43 am »

"...do you think I talk to myself slot...", "...no goblin you've got the muse and me to talk to, but mind you what with innerman lamenting the superficiality of outerman, and outerman craving "this, that, and the next thing", the wonder is not if you do actually talk to yourself, it's more how you can ever get a word in edgeways...", "...hello you two..." said the muse who popped in from the back room "..I heard that, is that you goblin worrying about whether you talk to yourself then...", "...um, well I, um...""...yep, he sure is, muse...", the slot had noticed the goblin was seated looking down at his shoes woefully, the muse put her hands down on his shoulders from behind him "...there there goblin I am sure you're not talking to yourself, any schizophrenic will tell you and much...", the man in the mirror found the whole image rather appealing as the goblin lifted his hand to his shoulder placing it on hers saying "...thanks muse but...", "...goblin..." she moved around the chair to look at him clearly, then, placing a lone finger on his lips as only a woman could do, spoke softly "...anyone can post but only mad people make interesting posters, leave sanity for shallow people, we're different...", "...that's better Your Madnessty..." joked the slot as the goblin started typing his hapless reply to princess buttercup
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2008, 08:12:46 am »

the goblin always hugged those that hugged him, sometimes that was all that he needed
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2008, 08:19:47 am »

the morning darkness, the goblin has a coffee as if waiting for the rain to stop though it won't, not for now at least, and work beckons him through it, the goblin looks at a reflected light in a puddle below to gage the droplets against the need for an umbrella, chooses a book from the shelf for the bus journey and readies himself making sure that he has switched off the lights, locked to doors and placed his brain firmly into standby, he steps out and is pelted numb, or who knows perhaps he was numb before "...greetings great temple of the Moneygod, count me amongst your ranks then, I do your bidding..." he says to the waiting unmoved metropolis as the scene closes upon him
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 11:33:15 am by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2008, 11:33:42 am »

here was only one score for the goblin that mattered "...have I caught what I feel today, and if so did I post it..." remarked the goblin as his way of scoring and at that moment as if to underline it, the late bistro played "Golden Brown" to a full house of lively chatting drinkers while a lone figure sat in the corner typing away, looking up and then typing away again before he posted
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2008, 11:35:27 am »

yes there were scores of posts the goblin noted, but somehow when the goblin looked at the slot there was that sole feeling of reaching in and writing out "...it has to be honest and it has to be me..." expressed the goblin who was in this respect perhaps alone with everyone
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2008, 11:36:32 am »

at the point the goblin's mother, who he had not seen since he a returned to Geneva almost a year ago, was well enough placed and tilted back in a armchair come wheelchair unable to sit up, unable to do much by herself but in no discomfort that the goblin could make out, the conversation was one way, the goblin would ask, his mother would smile and deflect, "...what are you thinking now then..." the goblin asked rubbing her right hand between his, "...I don't know...", and pointing to the windowsill flowers "...which is is you favourite colour...", "...I can't say, I don't remember...", still rubbing "...you're getting better...", "...am I, good...", then dad would bring the freshly squeezed orangejuice and a cut pear to her and she would first sip through the beaker and then pick up bit of pear, and then about half an hour later the visit would be over and the goblin would be telling dad about how it could be so much worse which they both knew was true and that the goblin was "there when needed", the goblin's life was not on hold he felt but neither was it his alone either, he remembered a boss who had befriended him once who confided the following "...I don't feel like I am above people, I just feel like so many people depend on me..."
Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2008, 06:50:24 am »

last night i watched a run of Jon and Kate + 8 it was funny when they were answering questions from viewers
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2008, 11:07:13 am »

the goblin lived in the old world where television was different saying only the big American programs reach here so the best television shows he probably had missed, "...besides, the remote belongs to my children who always invent a plausible reason why one such as me gets no TV for their M'TV..." the goblin's face went yuck just remembering it adding "...well that is when my son isn't playing the PS3 killing people on combat missions..." so the goblin had learned the simple truth that after one finally learns that "when you have children you mortgage your future" one learns the other sad truth that they walk off with ones television too
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 01:27:21 pm by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged
Coffeenole
Coffeenole.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2008, 12:36:59 pm »

the goblin lived in the old world where television was different saying only the big American programs reach here so the best television shows he probably had missed, "...besides, the remote belongs to my children who always invent a plausible reason why one such as me gets no TV for their M TV..." the goblin's face went yuck with the memory of it adding "...well that is when my son isn't playing the PS3 killing people on combat missions..." so the goblin had learned the simple truth that after one finally learns that "when you have children you mortgage your future" one also finds out that they walk of with ones television too

I remember when I was about 2 or 3, there was a station called the Dumont network...TV's come a long way since then!
Report Spam   Logged

fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2008, 01:47:03 pm »

the goblin sat in the bistro, singing "...I'm dreaming of a white springtime...", outside the cascading snow fell upon the steadfast city, only melting into the wet hard ground below but not without first trying to rest, the people walking over the street-slush now somehow reflected their resentment and resignation in this cold city scene, the goblin somehow felt that now the trap was perfect but would Harry Lime actually show up this time
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2008, 03:06:48 pm »

the goblin too felt any change of pressure with any oncoming front, slowly an unwelcome moderation of his lifestyle is being forced upon him as he now compromised between needless preservation and reckless behavior, simply he lamented the truth saying "...consequences kill ones dashful spirit..." as he surrendered to his growing age in real life, ah but there would be no such surrender on the Internet saying "...my internet self is going to be amazing because I keep at it, I just keep at it..."
Report Spam   Logged
Coffeenole
Coffeenole.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2008, 09:03:10 pm »

The DuMont Network

DuMont Network Station Identification
Report Spam   Logged

fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2008, 04:17:55 am »

the goblin, that practiced practitioner of poverty, has slowly learned through his life that poverty helps us cede the superfluous, in that any money the goblin earns goes straight on his family's needs or gets saved for the family's needs later, the goblin was almost amazed by the little he himself actually needed to be happy, everything the rich did seems either to be too much effort or too much responsibility for him
Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2008, 06:18:55 am »

life can be very hard sometimes   Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2008, 09:14:08 am »

"...chin up princess, we all have down periods and they often tell us more about ourselves than when things are going well..." said the goblin who loved Seneca's quote "misfortune is the chance to show character", then he added "...think of how many silly admins I had to go through to find those who I now admire for their qualities..."
Report Spam   Logged
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2008, 11:17:29 am »

repost from elsewhere

the goblin liked the idea of a chat room saying "...the trouble with a chat box, is that the posts do not build up, texts cannot be edited for typos and there are no notifications of replies..." something that the goblin felt to be bad for any interested poster like himself, he continued "...so the "chatbox" is often counter productive sucking away posters from the important threads for its ease of use while adding little of any long term value here...", the goblin's coffee was running low, he would have to call over to the bistro owner for another but he just wanted to explain more for the moment summing up by saying "...it is for this reason then that you see a thread called "the last person to post here wins" on each of the main forums "the coffeenole", "our hang out" etc., where anyone and just post anything and as many times as they like, so it isn't a game at all, it only looks like one and jokingly a poster can say "I win" or "I am last again" and play it that way but it rarely continues like that for long, since most posters have a goal in their posting, that is, that they want to develop their style..." he signaled over the waitress
Report Spam   Logged
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2008, 06:03:35 am »

thanks for the encouragement, goblin, I am really fed up at the moment and cant seem to get out of the funk, on a good note in the last 3 and a half weeks I have lost 8lb Smiley so it is not all bad
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Double-clicking any word will give you the Webster's Online Dictionary definition.

Top 100 Forums

Caillea's Top 100 Discussion Forums

The Survivor Island Railroad (Affliliates)
Go UP

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum