Top 100 Forums

Caillea's Top 100 Discussion Forums
Survivor Island Smileys
[Open]
The Forum Family Image HostOur Tube-The Family of Forums Video Host
TV Fanatics...Survivor 21/22
March 28, 2024, 07:43:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SURVIVOR and MORE!

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

I've Got a Secret

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I've Got a Secret  (Read 1169 times)
Remember911
Global Moderator

your nice: 1000

R911 Likes LadyJayne

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2007, 06:37:56 am »

This program was the forerunner to the Identies game show. They had 3 people who all claimed to be the same person with the same profession. The panel tried to figure out who really was that person from the other two impostors. At the end of the questioning they always said "Will the real ---person's name----, please stand up". Then there would be a succession of all three doing an attempted stand up just to drive the audience and the panelists nuts. It worked, and I really liked that program.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Coffeenole
Coffeenole.com

your nice: 65535

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 10:17:45 pm »

R911, the show that you described is "To Tell The Truth"...originally hosted by Bud Collier, with other great hosts throughout the years. I remember one episode where Peggy Cass (one of the celebrity panelists) busted one of the contestants claiming to be a chef because she mispronounced the word "oregano".

"I've Got A Secret", hosted by Garry Moore, featured four celebrity panelists (I remember Henry Morgan, Betsy Palmer, Bess Meyerson, and Bill Cullen (one of my all-time favorite game show stars) who tried to guess the secret of either an average person or a celebrity after about 30 seconds-1 minute of questioning.

Both were great classic game shows of that era, along with John Charles Daly's "What's My Line?"

Report Spam   Logged

Remember911
Global Moderator

your nice: 1000

R911 Likes LadyJayne

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 02:29:29 pm »

You are right. Now that you mention the names, it floods back into my memory. Those panelists sure were clever in talking to the guests. I really think that they had personal bets going on the side as to how well they would do.

I also liked all three of the programs you mentioned and used to watch on a regular basis.
Report Spam   Logged

Phyon

your nice: 100

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 06:22:17 pm »

Yes Gentlemen,those shows were great in their day and I believe would be so today. Instead of some of the garbage they have on TV today.    Grin
Report Spam   Logged

outafocus

your nice: 15

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 03:40:04 am »

I've Got A Secret is one of my all time favorite shows.  Garry Moore was probably the most unflappable hosts ever.  He was willing to do anything.  There were lots of historic figures with secrets over the years.  One of my favorites was the VERY old Indian that posed for the Buffalo Nickel.  The Buffalo nickel debuted in 1913, and this man was very old and hard of hearing in the mid 1950s.

The only thing I don't like about IGAS is that Garry smoked CONTINUOUSLY, even when around children.  Of course it was sponsored by Winston cigarettes in the later years, and Cavalier cigarettes in the early years.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's get this show on the road!
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

your nice: 10013

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 06:55:38 am »

Outafocus in the 50's im sure everyone smoked around children almost everyone smoked then didnt they?
Report Spam   Logged
outafocus

your nice: 15

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 07:03:48 pm »

People definitely smoked a lot more then than they do now, but not to the extent Garry did!  The only other people that smoked as much on air as Garry did were Edward R Murrow, and Morton Downey, Jr.  All three died of smoking related cancers. 
Report Spam   Logged

Let's get this show on the road!
Princess Buttercup
Administrator

your nice: 10013

Celine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 06:55:33 am »

when i see old films and the stars are smoking i am amazed that so many people did and it was so acceptable then.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Double-clicking any word will give you the Webster's Online Dictionary definition.

Top 100 Forums

Caillea's Top 100 Discussion Forums

The Survivor Island Railroad (Affliliates)
Go UP

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum